A Ukrainian citizen entered Poland on 28 February via Hungary. Should she arrange any documentation, or does she have the same status as those who entered Poland directly from Ukraine?

Currently, the Act on Assistance to Citizens of Ukraine in connection with Armed Conflict in the Territory of that State covers both persons who entered Poland directly from Ukraine and those who have left Ukraine since 24 February but came to Poland via the territory of another state. 

Therefore, the person described in the above case is entitled to the same rights as a person who entered Poland directly from Ukraine. Since his/her entry into Poland was not registered, he/she should apply for a PESEL number within 90 days from the date of entry into Poland. 

NOTE: The Act still provides for a requirement to cross the border legally.