Can a person covered by temporary protection (third-country national with permanent residence in the UA) go to Ukraine or another EU country with a certificate of temporary protection? For what period?

Such a person is generally not entitled to visa-free travel, but the notification of the European Commission by the Ministry of the Interior and Administration of a certificate of temporary protection as a residence permit means that such a person obtains the right to move within the Schengen area for 90 days within each 180-day period.

This rule should work similarly to foreigners who obtain a residence card in Poland, which is recognized as a residence permit in other countries of the Schengen area and entitles the foreigner to travel to other countries of the Schengen area for 90 days in each 180-day period.

The periods of stay of a foreigner on the basis of a certificate of using temporary protection in other countries of the Schengen area are calculated in such a way that each day of stay in the territory of a Schengen country other than Poland consumes days of stay from the granted 90-day period. For example, staying by a foreigner for a full 90 days in another Schengen country will mean that on the 90th day he will have to return to Poland, in order to leave Poland again to another Schengen country, he will have to wait 90 days.You can read more about the current rules for obtaining a certificate on the use of temporary protection by citizens of countries other than Ukraine here: