Can people who came to Poland after February 24, received PESEL for Ukrainian citizens and their visa-free period has expired, to travel to EU countries and return to Poland?

The basic rule is that after entering a Schengen country, you can move without border control to other Schengen countries for 90 days within a period of 180 days. Please note that when calculating the length of stay in the territory of the Schengen area, the periods of stay allowed under the residence permit or long-stay visa are not taken into account.

After using the visa-free stay in the Schengen area, if you want to travel to another EU country, you must meet the entry conditions set by the authorities of that country. For this purpose, it is best to consult the planned trip with the consular representation.

It should also be remembered that the departure of a citizen of Ukraine from the territory of the Republic of Poland for a period exceeding 1 month deprives him of the right referred to in Article 2 Paragraph 1 (i.e. a trip exceeding 1 month means that the stay in this territory under the special act ceases to be considered legal within a period of 18 months from February 24, 2022).

Legal basis:Rozporządzenie Parlamentu Europejskiego i Rady (UE) 2016/399 z dnia 9 marca 2016 r. w sprawie unijnego kodeksu zasad regulujących przepływ osób przez granice (kodeks graniczny Schengen) (Dz. U. UE. L. z 2016 r. Nr 77, str. 1 z późn. zm.); ustawa z dnia 12 marca 2022 r. o pomocy obywatelom Ukrainy w związku z konfliktem zbrojnym na terytorium tego państwa (Dz. U. poz. 583 z późn. zm.).