Do I need a power of attorney for a car if I leave Poland for Ukraine with a car registered to another family member?

When planning to leave Poland and enter the territory of Ukraine with a car registered in Ukraine, which you are not the owner of, and the owner resides in Poland, it is advisable to have a written authorization from the car owner for the driver to cross the Polish-Ukrainian border, preferably in both directions and for a long time period to ensure the possibility of re-entering Poland by car. It is recommended that this type of authorization be drawn up in both Polish and Ukrainian. If possible, it is good to have an authorization with the owner’s signature notarized. In practice, this is the most reliable form of the document, which will be difficult for officials, Customs Officers or Border Guards to undermine. As regards the possibility of entering the territory of Ukraine with a car registered in Ukraine, which you do not own, it is best to additionally consult with the Ukrainian Border Guard.

W związku ze zmianami specustawy podpisanymi dnia 25.01.2023 jesteśmy w trakcie AKTUALIZOWANIA treści portalu. Niektóre treści mogą być nieaktualne.

У зв’язку зі змінами до спецзакону про біженців з України, підписаного 25.01.2023 ми перебуваємо в процесі ОНОВЛЕННЯ контенту нашого порталу, тому на даний момент. деяка інформація може бути неактуальною.

Due to the amendments to the special act signed on 25.01.2023 we are in the process of UPDATING the content of the portal. Some content may be out of date.