How to legalize the stay of an unaccompanied child who came from Ukraine?

Update: 03.02.2023

In order for the stay of an unaccompanied child from Ukraine to be considered legal in Poland, the following conditions must be met.

The child must meet the following conditions cumulatively (all conditions must be met):

  • be a citizen of Ukraine,
  • to come to Poland from Ukraine due to the hostilities carried out there,
  • legally enter Poland from February 24.02. 2022

It should be remembered that a UKR PESEL number must be applied for on behalf of the child within 30 days of crossing the border. duration of legal stay is 18 months from February 24, 2022. However, it should be remembered that a child who came to Poland without an adult guardian must be represented by a temporary guardian. This means that if such a situation arises, you must always apply for the appointment of a temporary guardian.