I am 15 years old. I have to come from Germany to Ukraine via the Polish border. How can I cross the border unaccompanied by relatives? From Poland to Ukraine and back from Ukraine to Poland.

A 15-year-old travelling across the border without an adult is treated as an unaccompanied minor and may be handed over by the Border Guard to an appropriate care facility during border controls. Decisions in such cases are taken on a case-by-case basis, so there is no guarantee that crossing the border will be possible. If such a person cannot travel with an adult relative, it is suggested that they travel with an unrelated adult, such as a family friend, who will be authorised by the parent to look after the child for the duration of the trip. This is preferably done by notarisation, or at least in writing.