I am not a citizen of Ukraine, can I obtain a Diia.pl document?

The Diia.pl electronic document in the mObywat application can be obtained by a person who:

– entered Poland from the territory of Ukraine from February 24, 2022 in connection with hostilities on the territory of Ukraine and

– has a PESEL UKR number and

– has a trusted profile.

PESEL UKR number is possible only for those citizens of Ukraine and citizens of other countries referred to in the Act on assistance to Ukrainian citizens in connection with an armed conflict in the territory of that country, i.e. for which the special act provides for the recognition of their stay as legal in the territory of the Republic of Poland.

Therefore, apart from Ukrainian citizens, there are, among others, for a person who does not have Ukrainian citizenship, who is a spouse of a citizen of Ukraine, provided that he or she came to Poland from the territory of Ukraine in connection with hostilities conducted on the territory of that state and is not a Polish citizen or a citizen of a Member State of the European Union other than the Republic of Poland.

According to the announcement of the Ministry of Interior and Administration, the Ministry also notified the European Commission of a temporary protection certificate as a residence permit, which is issued by the Head of the Office for Foreigners to persons granted temporary protection with citizenship other than Ukrainian.

You can read more about the current rules for obtaining a certificate on the use of temporary protection by citizens of countries other than Ukraine here: https://ukraina.interwencjaprawna.pl/zmiana-zasad-wydania-zaswiadczen-o-ochronie-czasowej/