I arrived from Ukraine in April 2022 and have found a job since. Can I apply for temporary residence and work permits?

Temporary residence is regulated by the Act on Foreigners. The Act on Assistance to Citizens of Ukraine in Connection with the Armed Conflict on the Territory of Ukraine (Special Act) constitutes a special law to the Act on Foreigners. This means that the provisions of the Special Act take precedence over those of the Act on Foreigners.

Persons covered by the regulations of the Special Act (citizens of Ukraine fleeing the war) should apply for temporary residence within the time frame specified in the Special Act, i.e. only after 9 months. Please be informed that those who entered the territory of Poland before February 24, 2022 are not covered by the Special Act, hence they can apply for a temporary residence permit at any time.