What are the possibilities for people under temporary protection to go to west?

As for the citizens of Ukraine and their spouses covered by the so-called special act, these persons may move around the Schengen area in two cases:

  1. if they have a biometric passport and have not yet exhausted the 90-day visa-free period in each subsequent 180 days,
  2. have an electronic diia.pl document and a valid travel document – then they can also move around the Schengen area for 90 days in each subsequent 180 days.

Third-country nationals covered by temporary protection may move within the Schengen area (for 90 days in each 180-day period) if they have a certificate of the Head of the Office for Foreigners on their temporary protection and a valid travel document.

IMPORTANT! Currently, individual countries allow the entry of Ukrainian citizens and persons with temporary protection in connection with the invasion of Ukraine, regardless of the documents they have.